The General Assembly is the supreme organ of RALGA.
- providing guidelines to activities of RALGA
- electing and revoking members of the Executive Committee, Control Committee and the Conflict Resolution Committee
- Adopting articles of association and internal rules of RALGA
- approving membership, suspension or losing membership
- establishing annual action plan and budget
- approving activities report and the budget use
- approving the dissolution of RALGA
- appointing the Secretary General of RALGA.
The General Assembly meets once a year and whenever deemed necessary. It is convened and chaired by the Chairperson of RALGA. In case of his/her absence, the meeting is convened and chaired by the First Deputy Chairperson. In the absence of both, it is done by the Second Deputy Chairperson.
The General Assembly may also meet upon request by 1/3 of its members.
The required quorum for the General Assembly is 2/3 of its members. Where the quorum is not reached, the next meeting shall be held within thirty (30) days and shall take valid decisions if at least 1/3 of its members are present.
The General Assembly of RALGA is composed of 267 representatives of members from District to Village levels
|Members of the Executive Committee||7|
|Members of the Control Committee||3|
|Members of Commissions||4|
|Members of the Conflict Resolution Committee||10|
|Mayor of the City of Kigali||1|
|Chairperson of the Council of the City of Kigali||1|
|Executive Secretary of the City of Kigali||1|
|Mayors of Districts||30|
|Chairpersons of Districts Councils||30|
|Executive Secretaries of Districts||30|
|A representative of Chairpersons of Sectors Councils in a District||30|
|A representative of Executive Secretaries of Sectors in a District||30|
|A representative of Chairpersons of Cells Councils in a District||30|
|A representative of Executive Secretaries of Cells in a District||30|
|A representative of Heads of Villages in a District||30|
NB : The Executive Committee may invite other persons to the General Assembly meeting for consultation but they shall not have powers to vote